Výzkumný Ústav Železnicní, a.s. (Railway Research Institute, j.s.c.) (hereinafter the VUZ) is a company specialized on expert services and comprehensive solutions in the field of assessment, testing activities and consulting for railway systems and rail transport.
VUZ offers a broad portfolio of expert services:
- Authorized activities focused on conformity assessment
- Accredited acitivities connected with testing and product certification and certification of quality systems
- Expert activities in the field of railway systems and rail transport
VUZ is a member of National Technological platform and with other members of this platform participates on the solution of railway research projects.
Test Centre VUZ Velim is located 50 km east of Prague.
Acredited Testing Laboratory VUZ Performs tests at its own Test Centre VUZ Velim and VUZ also offers to companies possibility to perform test themselves.
Acredited Testing Laboratory offers :
- Tests of running safety and running behaviors, brake tests, traction tests
- Noise tests according to the TSI reguirements
- Tests of elektrical and power supply systém, pantograph tests
- Elektric tests and environment impact tests on comunication and signaling facilities and tests of EMC
Test Centre VUZ Velim includes and offers :
- Railway test circuits (large and small)
- Dynamic Testing Laboratory
- Halls for Test preparation
- Training Centre
- Power station supplying all main European tractive power systems
Overview of our current and future research priorities
The future priority concentration of research bases on wider cooperation with partners – members National Technological platform – universities, research and project institutions but also industrial companies which creates possibility to verify results of research projects in practice.
Issues is namely focused on the all technical subsystems of railway interoperability:
- railway infrastructure
- rolling stock
- control command and signalling
but also operation and conceptual issues concerning development of railway transport.
Examples of projects whose solution was ensured with partners from National Technological platform :
- Project of Czech Transport Ministry:
„Demands European Railway Interoperability in the relation with competitiveness of railway infrastructure in the Czech Republic“
- Projects FP 7
Calendar of our main events coming in 2012 – 2013
- 06/2012 – Plenary meeting of the National Technological platform
- 07/2012 - World Congress on High Speed rail – Security session (Philadelphia, USA) - Plenary meeting IRRB (Philadelphia, USA)
- 09/2012 - RCG Plenary meeting (Paris, UIC)
- 09/2012 - International scientific seminar – application of the project INNOTRACK in practice (VUZ Velim)
- 09/2012 - INNOTRANS - International Trade Fair for Transport Technology (Berlin) - Plenary meeting IRRB (Berlin)
- 11/2012 - RCG Plenary meeting (Paris, UIC)
- 12/2012 - Plenary meeting IRRB (Paris)
Calendar 2013 - is in the preparation.
List of our researchers and their research specialities
- Karel Benes – Control command and signaling, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jan Hlavacek – Noise, email: email@example.com
- Pavel Pivonka – Safety, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vaclav Soucek – Infrastructure, email: email@example.com
- Ivan Dobes – Energy, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lukas Hejzlar – Interaction vehicle/track, email: email@example.com
- Ivan Vukusic – Infrastructure, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jiri Puda – Rolling stock, email: email@example.com
Other specialists and researchers are within National Technological platform.
- Ing. Jaroslav Grim, Ph.D. – Director General VUZ, Vicepresident IRRB - Phone number : +420 972 223 410, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ing. Petr Kavan, Ph.D. – Technical Director VUZ - Phone number : + 420 972 223 300, email: email@example.com
- Ing. Jaroslav Vasatko, Adviser of Director General, Secretary of Support Team IRRB - Phone number: + 420 972 223 419, GSM: +420 602 314 971, email: firstname.lastname@example.org